- This event has passed.
Open Studio – third to twelfth grade
July 30, 2018 @ 9:30 am - August 2, 2018 @ 12:00 pm$125.00
Prerequisite: I Love to Draw – level 1 or Mixed Media class would benefit student
Student ages: third through twelfth grade
Open Studio provides a unique opportunity for students to choose their focus, work independently with facilitative support to guide and work alongside the artist. If you are interested in pursuing your creativity, imagination and honing your personal style in art, this four day class is for you! Students will select from art project ideas and work on art of their choice with teaching support to meet their skill level. Students will have available a plethora of materials, mediums, resources, and supplies to work with.
Students will be guided to;
- work with teacher to select art project(s),
- learn about the facilitative approach when working in an Open Studio,
- experiment with mediums to connect student’s own intuitive art making expression,
- plan art piece(s), apply composition guidelines, elements of art and principles of design,
- create a personal art portfolio of take away project(s).