We are now GALA!
Gresham Area League for the Arts
~ Showcasing Visual Artists ~
Join GALA as we promote and nurture the visual arts by showcasing work from a host of diverse local artists. We are dedicated to:
- Fostering an environment that inspires learning and appreciation for art history, craft, creativity, artistic philosophy, and imagination.
- Supporting both emerging and established artists, as well as other arts organizations.
- Raising the awareness of the rich cultural tapestry of our community.
Formerly the Gresham Art Committee (GAC), we now operate under the umbrella of the Center for the Arts Foundation as Gresham Area League for the Arts – GALA.
Our current show is “Life is a Journey”.
September 18 – 30, 2023
Gallery hours: M – F 11 AM – 1 PM & 4 – 6 PM, S-S 12 – 3 PM
The labeled images above are from our current show, Life is a Journey. To see the additional entries visit current show, or visit the gallery between September 18 – 30, 2023.
Elements & Textures follows in October
How do I enter a show?
Are you an artist who wishes to enter a show?
- There is no entry fee.
- Artists may show in up to 3 exhibits per calendar year and may enter up to 4 pieces per show.
- GALA keeps a 20% commission of sales price for all items sold due to the exhibit.
Who we are!
GALA is made up of artists and art enthusiasts. GALA promotes artists and the visual arts in our community by sponsoring art exhibits at the Center for the Arts Foundation Little Theatre and other locations throughout the East Multnomah County.
Interested? Become a member!
Are you passionate about art and want to be part of a community that celebrates creativity and imagination? Join GALA as we expand our role in East Multnomah County and the Portland metro area.
- Attend our monthly meetings and share your ideas,
- Volunteer to set up and take down artwork for shows,
- Join a curating team,
- Help to host artist receptions,
- Greet visitors and monitoring the gallery during shows,
- Promote local talent and help showcase their work.
We also have volunteer positions for those who can’t commit to being on the committee but want to assist occasionally.
How do I apply to GALA?
Ready to immerse yourself in the world of art and make a difference in your community? Joining the GALA as a member or volunteer is a great way to get involved! To become a member, we simply ask that you attend two monthly meetings and participate in one additional activity, such as helping to hang a show, attending an artist’s reception, or assisting with other tasks. By joining us, you’ll be able to showcase local talent and help foster a deeper appreciation for art in East Multnomah County. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to make a meaningful impact and discover the beauty of art! Becoming a volunteer also offers the pleasure of being involved but on a flexible schedule.