We are now GALA!
Gresham Area League for the Arts
~ Showcasing Visual Artists ~
Join GALA as we promote and nurture the visual arts by showcasing work from a host of diverse local artists. We are dedicated to:
- Fostering an environment that inspires learning and appreciation for art history, craft, creativity, artistic philosophy, and imagination.
- Supporting both emerging and established artists, as well as other arts organizations.
- Raising the awareness of the rich cultural tapestry of our community.
Formerly the Gresham Art Committee (GAC), we now operate under the umbrella of the Center for the Arts Foundation as Gresham Area League for the Arts – GALA.
We are excited to announce our upcoming season!
Matters of the Heart – February 8 – 18, 2024
Art in Motion – April 14 – 21, 2024
Sublime to Ridiculous – June 16 – 23, 2024
Food for Thought – October 13 – 20, 2024
World Celebrations – December 6 – 20, 2024
Opposites Attract – February 14 – 23, 2025
Many Worlds – April 13 – 20, 2025
To download a flyer of the upcoming shows & submission deadlines, click here.
How do I enter a show?
Are you an artist who wishes to enter a show?
- There is no entry fee.
- Artists may show in up to 3 exhibits per calendar year and may enter up to 4 pieces per show.
- GALA keeps a 20% commission of sales price for all items sold due to the exhibit.
Who we are!
GALA is made up of artists and art enthusiasts. GALA promotes artists and the visual arts in our community by sponsoring art exhibits at the Center for the Arts Foundation Little Theatre and other locations throughout the East Multnomah County.
Interested? Become a member!
Are you passionate about art and want to be part of a community that celebrates creativity and imagination? Join GALA as we expand our role in East Multnomah County and the Portland metro area.
Here’s what member Gail Johnson says about belonging to GALA, “I joined GALA hoping for a way to get involved with art and artists that didn’t necessarily involve painting. I had good experiences with the old organization, Gresham Art Committee, and remember fondly the artist talks, the joy of having paintings accepted, the surprising enjoyment I got from the receptions. All those advantages are part of GALA.”
We are restructuring so you won’t have to attend monthly meetings to be an important contributor. Volunteers can:
- Help to set up and take down artwork for shows,
- Join a curating team,
- Help to host artist receptions,
- Greet visitors and monitor the gallery during shows,
- Promote local talent and help showcase their work.
How do I apply to GALA?
Ready to immerse yourself in the world of art and make a difference in your community? Joining the GALA as a member or volunteer is a great way to get involved! To become a member, we simply ask that you attend two monthly meetings and participate in one additional activity, such as helping to hang a show, attending an artist’s reception, or assisting with other tasks. By joining us, you’ll be able to showcase local talent and help foster a deeper appreciation for art in East Multnomah County. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to make a meaningful impact and discover the beauty of art! Becoming a volunteer also offers the pleasure of being involved but on a flexible schedule.